Navigating in restricted visibility
When navigating in restricted visibility, remember :
- Keep a good look out by sight, hearing and all other available means.
- Maintain continuous listening watch on the Port Working Channel 12.
- Small craft may not be detected by radar due to their construction, size and the prevailing weather conditions. Additionally, small craft will not be detected when in close proximity to commercial ships due to the height of the ship's radar scanner.
- If possible, keep clear of the main shipping channel
- Sound the appropriate fog signal
- Comply with Rule 19 and Rule 35 - conduct of vessels in restricted visibility in the Merchant Shipping Collision Regulation 1996