Waste Management Plan
To promote the efficient and practicable disposal of all waste generated within the Fowey Harbour
- To comply with all legislation as to the disposal of waste
- To provide a framework for the coordinated management of waste associated with Fowey Harbour and provide and improve communications between the Harbour Authority, users, waste disposal authorities, regulators and contractors.
- To minimise the production of waste wherever possible
- To reduce costs of waste disposal by minimising waste collected by private contractors.
- To re-use or recycle waste wherever possible.
- To dispose of waste wisely in order to minimise negative environmental effects. To promote education and awareness of wise waste management.
- Fowey Harbour Commissioners, being the Statutory Authority for Fowey Harbour,
provide management for waste disposal within the overall Port Waste Management
Plan. This is in compliance with the Marine Guidance Notice MGN 387
- Fowey Harbour consists of an area of nearly 1000 acres, covering the whole Fowey estuary. The harbour caters for large numbers of commercial ships, residential and visiting craft and various commercial activities within its boundaries
- The Plan is split into three sections dealing with the differing requirements of the commercial, leisure sectors and Fowey Harbour Commissioners' own operations.
Download information on Waste Disposal facilities
The Harbour Commissioners wish to thank Imerys Minerals Ltd for the use of the docks crane and Cory Environmental for their assistance with the provision of waste disposal facilities.