Cruise Liner Visits
Fowey, with its magnificent setting and beautiful scenery, offers an ideal destination for cruise line operators wishing to give their passengers that something different to a destination.
Cruise liners make a magnificent sight, usually moored in the lower harbour within a very short boat transfer to the town which dates back to the 13th century.
Arriving and departing from Fowey Harbour through its narrow deep water entrance guarded by castles on either side, is an experience passengers remember for the rest of their lives.
There are many good reasons why Fowey should be used as a port of call in a European or UK cruise itinerary. They include:-
- Fowey is ideally placed in the western approaches of the English Channel for those operators catering for round Britain and European cruises.
- Fowey can be used as a link port on the way to and from ports in Spain, the Azores or further south.
- There are many ports within an overnight passage from Fowey including the Channel Islands, Southampton, Irish and Welsh ports.
- Fowey offers a magnificent and beautiful setting for a cruise visit.
- The friendly reception.
- A port which offers good security handled in an unobtrusive way.
- There is a wealth of interesting, historic and beautiful destinations within an easy coach ride (link to destinations).
- Where else can visiting passengers alight immediately into an olde world small town with its origins in the 13th century?
- Fowey is a deep water port accessible in all weather and state of tides.
- The harbour entrance lies between St. Catherine's Castle on the west side and Polruan headland on the East side. The anchorage is set in a picture postcard setting.
Fowey, located on the south coast of Cornwall.
Latitude 50 19' N. Longitude 04 38' W.
Fowey is situated on the south coast of Cornwall half way between the ports of Plymouth and Falmouth. The port is ideally placed in the south western approaches for cruise liner itineraries around the united kingdom or on passage to and fro to Spain and the Mediterranean. Fowey's location allows on many occasions to be located within an overnight voyage from or to other cruise destinations.