Position of Harbour Commissioner
Applications are sought for the position of Fowey Harbour Commissioner to be appointed from May 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter, in compliance with the Fowey Harbour Revision Order 2001.
This position is without remuneration. Monthly meetings are held together with occasional other commitments.
New appointments are made against a job description under a selection and interview process and will be in accordance with rules for public appointments. The selection panel is made up of the Chairman of the Board, a Commissioner, a Council appointee and a stakeholder.
Successful appointees will have skills which will complement and enhance the existing Board. These skills may include:
- Commerce - Shipping, fishing and cargo handling
- Maritime activities - Boating & leisure activities
- Health & Safety - Community issues Public/industrial relations
- Management - Accountancy or financial management
- Environmental matters - Media and social media skills
Appointments will be made by Fowey Harbour Commissioners.
Closing date for nominations Friday 31st March 2017. Further details can be obtained from the Chief Executive, please contact the Harbour Office.
Fowey Harbour Commissioners
For further information on this role and duties of a Harbour Commissioner visit the Board information page